Skincare Routine Order
For most people, skin care is an essential part of their health. They wash their face and moisturize every morning and evening, and that's a great place to start. However, that simple regimen is not enough to give your face's delicate skin everything it needs to stay hydrated and healthy. What surprises some people is that there's a proper order to apply skin care products, so you get the most out of each one.
In the morning, the order of your skin care products should be:
- Cleanser: Having a clean face will allow your other products to be more effective.
- Toner: Toners finish cleansing your face while applying nutrients.
- Serum: These are concentrated antioxidants that target specific skin concerns, like hyperpigmentation.
- Spot treatment: Use to treat any acne you may have.
- Eye cream: Everyone over 20 should incorporate an eye cream into their routine to protect the sensitive skin under their eyes.
- Moisturizer: Make sure your skin stays hydrated throughout your day.
- SPF: The most important part of your morning routine is protecting your face. Use a moisturizer or sunscreen with at least 30 SPF.
For the most part, your evening routine will be similar to your morning one. Nighttime is the best time to add in some extra steps that keep your skin in top shape:
- Cleanser: Some dermatologists suggest double cleansing in the evening for a deeper clean. First, use a cleansing oil or micellar water, then your regular cleanser.
- Exfoliator: You should use exfoliators sparingly — about two or three times per week — as they can be too abrasive for daily use.
- Toner: Reapply your toner for premium results.
- Serum or treatment: These can be the same or different from the morning.
- Face mask: Face masks are another product you can use a couple of times a week. Using it after any serums helps both products penetrate deeply into the skin.
- Eye cream: Use the same one or a night-specific formula.
- Moisturizer or night cream: Night creams are usually thicker than moisturizers to protect your face as you sleep.
Why Choose Exclusive Beauty Club?
You'll find everything you need for daily skin care on the Exclusive Beauty Club website. Our catalog features dermatologist-recommended and scientifically proven products so you can keep your skin healthy and glowing. Be sure to consult with your dermatologist before making adjustments to your skin care routine.
Start shopping today to get all the rewards from Exclusive Beauty Club. We'll throw in free samples with your purchases, and if they're over $50, we'll cover the shipping!