Tips for Caring for the Skin Around the Eyes
Of all the skin covering your body, the skin around your eyes is the thinnest, meaning it's also the first place you'll see signs of aging. Even if eye-specific care is new to you, there is still time to start. Follow these eye skin care tips from Exclusive Beauty Club, and you will start seeing results soon enough.
The skin around your eyes is so thin that you should treat it differently than the rest of your face. When removing makeup and cleaning your face, use gentle, outward motions around the eyes to slowly remove impurities, displacing the skin as little as possible while you do so.
When applying products to the area, do not rub them into the skin. Instead, apply the product to your ring or pinky finger first, then dab them into place until the skin absorbs it.
Use Eye Skin Care Products and Tools
If you've been using the same serums, moisturizers, and products on the skin around your eyes as the rest of your face and body, it's time to update your regimen. Since your eye-adjacent skin is more sensitive, you should use products designed to avoid irritating the area.
Just like the rest of your skin care routine, you can cater your eye care products to treat specific conditions. Some common features people combat with their eye care products are:
- Fine lines: Retinol, retinoids, and other vitamin A derivatives are some of the best ways to plump out your fine lines and leave you with smooth, glowing skin.
- Dark circles: Working with hyperpigmentation under the eyes looks different for everyone. Consider exploring eye treatments containing vitamin C, niacinamide or vitamin B3.
- Puffiness: Soothing ingredients like green tea and caffeine work best in easing puffiness. You can also incorporate lifestyle changes like getting more sleep and drinking more water to combat puffy skin.
Make sure you apply these products to the skin above and below your eyes to get the most benefits.
Protect the Skin
This final tip is a reminder for the rest of your skin — protect it! The key features of your protective layers should be:
- Moisturizer: Hydrating and moisturizing the skin is perhaps the most critical thing you can do to prevent irritation and premature signs of aging.
- Sunscreen: Any time you go outside, you must protect your skin from the sun. Invest in an SPF-heavy facial cream that protects against UVA and UVB rays, and reapply it often when spending more than a couple of hours outside.
Develop Your Eye Skin Care Routine With Exclusive Beauty Club
Your eyes are one of the first things people notice when they look at you. Make sure they're framed beautifully by caring for the skin around them with dermatologist-approved eye care products from Exclusive Beauty Club.
Consult with your dermatologist today about the best products for your skin, then find them all right here on our website. Start shopping now for free shipping on orders over $50 and samples with every purchase.