Inspirational thoughts to help women embrace “the change” rather than resist it
It’s time we admit it: women truly are amazing creatures. We take on a spectacular number of enriching roles in our lives that include being nurturers, blessed life-givers, and willing, determined caretakers. And while we are unique in so many spectacular ways, there are aspects of womanhood we would, quite simply, rather do without. One in particular, is menopause.
Now, while it is easy to focus on the negative aspects and symptoms of perimenopause (also known as menopause transition) and menopause, let’s take a moment to focus on what we can do to minimize them instead. It’s a lot less ominous this way!
Cool off your hot flashes
Perhaps the most commonly discussed symptom of menopause is the hot flash. As your body’s hormone production decreases, and your ovaries struggle to keep up with the changing levels of estrogen and testosterone, hot flashes occur. Here are some suggestions on how to keep them as close to room temperature as possible:
- Exercise: 20 to 30 minutes of exercise three to four times per week can help reduce amounts of certain hormones (follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone) that contribute to hot flashes.
- Pay close attention to what you eat and drink: hot beverages, alcohol, and spicy foods can help bring on a hot flash, so it may be smart to steer clear of them when possible
- Stay hydrated: consuming a healthy amount of water daily helps the cells in your body to perform properly. From nourishing internal organs and lubricating joints, to encouraging elasticity in skin cells, hydration can help reduce the effects of aging both internally and externally.
It’s not a mood, it’s your hormones
Yes, you’ve managed moods since childhood and now you’re simply dealing with them in a different way. Common effects of the hormonal swings that accompany menopause include irritability, depression and overall moodiness, but there are ways to help deal manage the swing of your mood swings:
- In addition to daily exercise, consider adding yoga or meditation
- Avoid over-consuming caffeine (limit consumption to mornings if you can)
- Minimize alcohol use
- Reduce fatty consumption and add more fruits and vegetables to your diet
Maintain a positive self-image
While menopause is inevitable for women, it does not have to deter us from embracing the beauty of our womanhood. As our bodies age, changes are inevitable. Skin loses elasticity, hair thins, and sun damage takes its toll.
Here are some suggestions to help with these changes:
- Slow your skin’s aging process with premium skin products specifically designed to rejuvenate, revitalize and renew its health and appearance.
- Choose a clinically proven supplement that nourishes thinning hair and promotes existing hair growth.
- Reduce the possibility of additional sun damage with a full-spectrum UVA/UVB defense sunscreen applied generously on a daily basis; even on cloudy or overcast days.
Every step you take to embrace the changes happening to your body and in your life will only add to the beauty of the life you live. Embrace your womanhood!
When it comes to your beauty needs, turn to Exclusive Beauty Club for premium skincare products at an affordable price. Gain instant access to the premium products you deserve with our members-only shopping privileges and front-door delivery. Check us outtoday!